CERTIFIED PROPERTY MANAGER® DESIGNATION
Property Management, Inc. believes you need a real estate manager to preserve
and enhance the value of your real estate assets--someone who is highly trained,
experienced, and professional. Your real estate investment deserves a CERTIFIED
PROPERTY MANAGER®. When you hire a CERTIFIED PROPERTY MANAGER® (CPM®), you know
you’re getting a qualified manager you can trust with your investment.
The CPM® designation is awarded by the INSTITUTE OF REAL ESTATE
MANAGEMENT (IREM®) of the National Association of REALTORS® to professional real
estate managers who have distinguished themselves in the areas of experience,
education, and ethical conduct.
The CPM® designation must be earned and
is awarded only after rigid standards have been met. Holders of the CPM®
designation can best be classed as "versatile specialists." They are trained to
professionally handle the full range of management tasks from completing a
feasibility study to supervising a property change of use. Their skills
encompass the asset management, administrative, legal, social, economic, and
physical areas essential to professional performance. CPM® members are practiced
in the art of combining day-to-day property management with the broader asset
management consideration to achieve your property’s financial goals.
CERTIFIED PROPERTY MANAGERS® must abide by a Code of Professional Ethics
which is enforced by IREM®. A CPM® member’s commitment to this code requires use
of the utmost care in managing your property and handling funds. The CPM® is the
only real estate management designation to protect your investment with rigid
enforcement of this code. Those violating the ethical code are subject to
revocation of their designation.
When a CPM® manages your property, you
get someone who is up-to-date on the latest trends in real estate. CPM® members
keep on top of the industry in several ways. For example, every CPM® member must
complete numerous hours of education to earn the designation, and then must meet
a continuing education requirement to maintain the CPM® designation.
When you hire a CPM®, you are hiring management expertise and
experience. Experience is one of the defining qualifications of a CERTIFIED
PROPERTY MANAGER®. Put your investment in the hands of a qualified professional.
There is no better manager for your real estate investment than someone who has
the training and expertise of a CERTIFIED PROPERTY MANAGER®.
An equally prestigious and important designation awarded by the INSTITUTE OF
REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT® is the ACCREDITED RESIDENTIAL MANAGER® (ARM®)
designation. The ARM® award is granted to those individuals in property
management who manage residential properties or homeowner/condominium
associations and have completed the ARM® program’s educational and experience
ACCREDITED RESIDENTIAL MANAGERS® must abide by the same
Code of Professional Ethics as CERTIFIED PROPERTY MANAGERS®. They must also meet
IREM® standards in experience, education, and ethical conduct.
Those who carry the title ACCREDITED COMMUNITY MANAGER awarded by the
MANUFACTURED HOUSING EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE have dedicated themselves to the
highest levels of professionalism, competency, and integrity and adhere to the
highest ethical business conduct.
Those who carry the title ACCREDITED
COMMUNITY MANAGER pledge to conduct business in accordance with the following
1. Contribute constructively to the public image of
manufactured home living.
2. Promote open communication with residents and the community at large.
3. Enforce all agreements concerning relations between the management and
residents in a fair and consistent way.
4. Be committed to promoting excellent resident relations and exhibit that
commitment through policies and practices.
5. Subscribe in principle and practice to respect owner’s relationship with
6. Disclose fully in writing all fees, charges, assessments, rules, and other
regulations prior to enforcement.
7. Employ the best qualified and highest caliber personnel.
8. Be truthful in all advertising statements and not deceive or mislead the
9. Promote the positive aspects of manufactured home living in all
10. Maintain a practice of complete compliance with all existing laws and
regulations and keep abreast of possible new laws.
11. Support in principle and practice equal opportunity for all and comply
with Fair Housing Laws.
12. Respect the authority invested in them to act in others behalf and at all
times strive to live up to the agreements and expectations of all with whom
business is conducted.
13. Commit to continuing education to strengthening professionalism.
14. Commit to providing a quality neighborhood environment.